|Job Number - J0314-0146 - Full Time
||Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Posting Expiry Date (dd/mm/yyyy):
||Moneris’ vision: To be the leading provider of high-value innovative payment solutions.
As Canada’s largest provider of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers innovative payment services for over 350,000 merchants in every industry segment. Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiencies and manage point-of-sale transactions.
Why work at Moneris?
We offer an innovative, high growth, fast-paced environment which can help you develop and prosper in your career. We offer an attractive Total Rewards compensation and benefits package that rewards excellence and retains top performers.
What Moneris offers you
We will continually invest in the people and technologies that drive cost efficiencies and provide superior payment solutions to our customers. With that in mind, we strive to keep our employees challenged, satisfied and confident which contributes to the overall success of Moneris.
Are you ready for the Moneris difference? We are looking for you to:
• Join a dynamic work environment
• Apply your creativity
• Work for a company that operates with integrity
• Be challenged
• Work in a team-focused environment
• Have Fun
Job Title: System Administrator
Accountable to the Manager of Technology Operations, the System Administrator will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the team by supporting the hardware and infrastructure for all of Moneris Solutions’ corporate and business software applications and technologies.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Implementing VMware ESX hosts, defined and automated company standard for configuration
- Creating and documenting the process for deploying virtual machines on VMware
- Creating and automating configuration scripts for OS builds and other system deployments
- Performing new hardware and OS Installations and upgrades
- Updating and creating documentation of environment
- Implementing, monitoring and alerting of systems
- Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of Windows Server
- Analyzing and troubleshooting any performance issue on ESXi and virtual machines hosted
- Analyzing, planning and migrating live physical servers into virtual environment
- Building Windows Clusters and servers in Windows 2008 & 2003 environment
- Troubleshooting Windows cluster performance and failover issues
- Supporting and maintaining server infrastructure to support business requirements
- Updating IBM servers firmware and drivers , including blade server firmware and drivers upgrade
- Building and configuring CISCO UCS servers for Windows and VSphere environment
- Enforcing data security, premises integrity and access procedures as per company security policy
- Supporting research, planning, design, and implementation of technologies into current operating environments
- Gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and supporting Server & Client technologies that will enable the organization to work effectively and productively
- Supporting internal and external audits as required
- Maintaining infrastructure including upgrades of Hardware & Software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues and participating in system related changes and follows corporate Change Management process
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science with at least 5 years of experience working in a System Administrator capacity in medium to large enterprise environments with at least 100 Servers and 300 Client nodes
- Good working knowledge of IIS
- Minimum 4-5 years of System administration and implementation experience in Windows and VMware
- Experience with migrating physical servers to VMware environment
- Proven experience designing, implementing, and supporting VMware infrastructure
- Experience with IBM X series and BladeCenter servers including firmware & driver upgrades, monitor and perform hardware analysis to proactively identify any hardware failure and resolve it.
- In depth knowledge of Windows Server Technologies including solid understanding of Windows Clusters, servers performance tuning, server build best practises, troubleshoot and resolve issues in Windows server
- Must be able to prioritize and work on infrastructure support and project implementations
- Working knowledge of Active Directory in 2003 and 2008 domain functional level, DNS, AD Sites and services and AD replication.
- Experience working on Cisco UCS an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Active Directory upgrade process from 2003 to 2008 domain functional level
- Working knowledge of Redhat Linux operating systems, AD and MS Exchange 2003/2010 and Simpana Commvault Backup software an asset
This is a full-time permanent opportunity available in our Toronto Head Office located at 3300 Bloor Street West.
|Where did you first learn about this position?