|Job Number - J0513-0216 - Full Time
||Problem Resolution Analyst
||Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Posting Expiry Date (dd/mm/yyyy):
||Processing & Support Serv
||Moneris Solutions Vision: Every day, we deliver innovative technology, secure and reliable payment solutions, and an outstanding experience to our customer and partners.
As Canada’s largest provider of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers innovative payment services for over 350,000 merchants in every industry segment. Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiencies and manage point-of-sale transactions.
Why work at Moneris?
We offer an innovative, high growth, fast-paced environment which can help you develop and prosper in your career. We offer an attractive Total Rewards compensation and benefits package that rewards excellence and retains top performers.
What Moneris offers you:
We will continually invest in the people and technologies that drive cost efficiencies and provide superior payment solutions to our customers. With that in mind, we strive to keep our employees challenged, satisfied and confident which contributes to the overall success of Moneris.
Are you ready for the Moneris difference? We are looking for you to:
• Join a dynamic work environment
• Apply your creativity
• Work for a company that operates with integrity
• Be challenged
• Work in a team-focused environment
• Have Fun
Position Title: Problem Resolution Analyst
This role is accountable to the Manager, Systems Operations, and is responsible for the proactive management of Problem investigations from start to finish by facilitating root cause analysis and problem resolution for incidents related to Moneris systems and applications. This role additionally encompasses managing all related communication and coordination efforts required for the implementation of subsequent corrective and preventative measures.
To be successful, the Problem Resolution Analyst should be a self-motivated individual with a good understanding of complex technical environments and the technologies used along with demonstrated trend analysis, analytical and problem solving skills with the tenacity to own and drive programmes of work to resolution.
Key Activities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for providing root cause analysis for production problems impacting Moneris business and operational areas within Canada and the United States. Related systems include (but are not limited to): Base-24, Proprietary Host/Payment Applications, Telecommunication systems and Moneris Corporate Applications.
- Initiate and drive continued improvement on problem management processes
- Responsible for participating in 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis for production issues impacting Moneris business and operational areas within Canada and the United States.
- Responsible for leveraging cross-functional expertise to provide recommended resolutions to production issues. Where resolution necessitates involvement of more specialized expertise identifies involved parties (within Moneris, RBC, BMO and 3rd Party Vendors and Partners) and engages them to achieve permanent resolution. Acts as liaison between all involved parties during the course of addressing the issue. Becomes involved in multi-disciplinary team meetings to achieve consensus on impact and remediation activities.
- Performs analysis and reporting on all production and product-related issues and escalates to Systems Operations management when an early-warning of an emergent trend is identified.
- Performs trend analysis on all production related issues to identify opportunities for continued improvement to process and technology and champions the change efforts to implement identified opportunities.
- Represents Production Problem Management in product and application launch forums, providing support and escalation subject-matter expertise, and may recommend that appropriate documentation and processes are created or updated for post-implementation.
- Leading and facilitating post mortem investigations into high impact faults
- Assesses and communicates system changes and/or enhancements as a result of Problem Management in a timely manner to all impacted business areas
- Assist in creating SCRs for various business areas, including external groups that require a change to the system and may not have access to Moneris SCR Database.
- Participate in product and application launch forums to ensure that appropriate support documentation and processes are in-place post-implementation.
- Participate in projects and initiatives undertaken by Production Problem Management
- Maintaining SharePoint Site for Production Problem Management
- Maintain List of all Problems and track to permanent resolution, which could result in the analyst raising SCR’s or Defects.
- Provide weekly reports and updates to Manager, Systems Operations on new problems, and progress on open problems.
- Responsible for creating a Personal Development Plan with the Manager, Systems Operations, as well as actively working on identified areas of developmental opportunity.
- Post-Secondary degree / diploma and/or related business experience
- Understanding of Point of Sale solutions, systems and networks
- Knowledge of Moneris merchant business and operational processes
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- ITIL accreditation or experience in ITIL Service Support and Delivery processes
- High level of self-motivation with proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent problem solving ability (ability to make decisions based on information provided and the use of personal judgement and common sense)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with proven ability to communicate technical and highly complex information to various target audiences (customers, management, technical groups, Senior Leadership) with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with ability to influence decision making
- Resourceful - utilise all tools, expertise and knowledge bases to investigate and resolve problems
- Strong Customer Service Acumen
- Able to work under intense pressure
This is a full-time permanent position available in our Toronto Head Office located at 3300 Bloor Street West.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- POS (Point of Sale)
|Where did you first learn about this position?